Friday, August 10, 2012

[friday fupdate...]

I don't think there is a word that's like update but starts with 'f'.  A little lazy perhaps, but hey.  This week was a little boring in some ways.  Living the high life in London is supposed to be all fun and games, travelling and friend-making, but the fact remains:  life is still life, and normal life happens too.

Nevertheless, normal life is great and there were things I liked about my week that I would like to 'fupdate' you about.  Ha.

Linking up with Meghan this week!


 I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is. 


: :  berlin...  I told you in my Monday Memorandum that we came home from Berlin on Sunday.  It was an awesome weekend - so much history.  I'm writing a post in my mind about it already.

I believe the longest part of the Berlin wall still standing after the fall of the wall in 1989

: :  i.r.d...  I'm a bit tongue-in-cheek saying I love the tax department... I'll be loving it when I get my money!  Well, actually they replied to an email I sent super promptly so I was most impressed.  (I wont ruin it by telling you they didn't actually answer my question.)  Also, I think it's funny how if you can't remember your password, it's okay - just click over here on 'can't remember your password?'  Then it will take you to a screen where you enter your username and 'password phrase'.  Huh?  If I can't remember the password, what makes you think I'll remember the phrase that I made up to go with the password that I can't remember?!

: :  phish food...  I never think much of Ben & Jerry's to be honest.  Give me tip top orange choc chip any day.  But sweet moses this is amazing.  Prescribed to me by my husband with the return of this weird toothache/stiff jaw thing I get.  I accept.  A wife's gotta obey, right?


: :  london family...  My Guy and I are so lucky to have each other here in London.  We are doubly blessed with two awesome friends who we can travel with, dine with and even live with.  I like to think we are pretty good at not getting up in each others biz too much - we do lots of things apart too, but we have established ourselves as a close knit 'family away from family' here.  It's a nice thing.

: :  pizza lounge...  Pizza, and a lounge - what's not to love, right?  We have been a couple of times before, but this time it was right on dusk, just the three girls headed out and we sat out in the beer garden.  We ate pizza and chatted about life (well, I chatted - too much - as usual).  It's a really nice place and not well frequented enough!




: :  planning...  Mum is coming in 17 days and I'm planning what shennanigans we can get up to while she's here.  Also the London family are planning a trip to Brighton next week, and Ireland for New Years.  Planning is awesome because it means things are going to happen!


: :  sunset...  It shouldn't take things like this to make us appreciate where we are situated (in life, or physically) but it's nice to be reminded every now and again.  It was a beautiful sunset when we walked home from the pizza lounge, and we timed it perfectly just as the sun was settling behind the London skyline.  If you look carefully, you'll see the famous gherkin!


What things did you appreciate about your week?

3 comments:

  1. Orange choc chip is my faaaaaaaavourite...

    I wish I could sit in a pizza garden and have a chat with you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics. That London skyline is WOW! The pizza lounge sounds awesome, and we too were fans of phish food when we lived there! So cool your mum is coming too!

    Thanks for your encouragement this week too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an adventure overseas...great to have family visits to look forward to. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - you really do make my day!